Monday, November 10, 2008

Mining for Gold


While trying to figure out how to collect a specific piece of data from Kijiji.ca I happened upon the following site:


What is amazing about it is you can type in the name of a site and get all the demographics you can ever want FOR FREE!


And the information is PRICELESS.


Let's take the following as an example:

http://www.apartments.com/

From their data, I determined my demographic is 63% women likely between the age of 18-34 that also want to rent either a car or moving truck, are looking for a better job and possibly want to buy a home instead.

This gives me so many ways to target my demographic that it scares me.

I know who to target, what their income is likely at, their race, whether they have children, if they graduated college, on and on.

Check it out!

No comments: