Tuesday, May 6, 2008

A-Team 80 Cult Heros or Business Mentors


I love the A-team. They were tops in the 80's when I was a kid. I remember risking parental fury each time I watched it, but I knew someday it would pay off!

Here is a group of dissimilarly skilled people led by a knowledgeable leader that had good intentions in mind. Does this sound like the perfect business or what?

Why is this so important to remember now?

I am once again trying to take on too much of the business. I know others can do it better and I try to rationalize it has to do with money, but people know more than I do and are smarter than me. Do you do the same?

Get over it!

Some of the most successful companies in the world are run by people that simply know how to lead. Nothing else.

But what is leadership?

I remember once telling a vice president that leadership is when you can get someone to follow you despite everything they personally know about you. In other words, would you follow this guy/gal to death?

I NEVER in a million years thought I would become that person. But I am convinced now, I have become that person. Sounds arrogant but that is what you need. Hannibal was arrogant, confident, knew his sh!t and was not afraid to make mistakes. All qualities of a leader.


However, the most important quality he had was his ability to turn over the "responsibility" to those he led.


OK, I am an 80's TV junkie but look where it got me!

No comments: