Thursday, April 10, 2008

Business is Business (Not Personal) Duh!

Over the past week my business has finally become its own self. No longer is it J.J.A. doing business as Spruce It Up Home Services, its now ALIVE! ALIVE!

What exactly does that mean?

It means my people are running things. They are insisting on each person doing their part and me doing my part (build the biz, or as one guy says, being the front man).

It also means I do not think in personal terms anymore. No more, "Can you do me a favor? Can you give me a deal? Can you wait another week for payment?"

"'I' can't do anything for you. Are you asking the business to extend you credit or reduce its rates or change what brought it to life?" Nope. The business will not survive with those practices.

I've stopped work on my largest client's personal properties....not because of person conflict but purely from a business standpoint.

Since the business has be SHOCKED (and I mean literally shocked!) to life, and I have dumped the crap, it is off and running with twice as many contracts and the potential for 5 times more money than previous contracts. The business has the support team to do anything and they are raring to go show this city what they can do.

No comments: